A Catering Sales Action PlanHome >> Articles >> Culinary Arts >> A Catering Sales Action Plan
What is a Catering Sales Action Plan?
The first step any new business owner should undertake is to set out a well defined plan for their business. That is exactly what a catering sales action plan is. A good catering sales action plan should accomplish several goals such as:
- Define the scope of your business – what exactly is it that you want to do?
- Identify your target consumer audience.
- Determine what you will need to start up.
- Schedule your time including child care, transportation, and provisioning.
- Precisely what staff is needed and what qualifications each needs.
- Develop a set of business goals in varying segments of time such as 6 month goals, 1 year, and 6 year goals.
- Set up an assessment plan ahead of time for determining success.
Where Can I Learn the Business of Catering?
There are a few routes you can take to learn about the business side of your catering business. You could choose to take a small business course from a junior or community college. These programs sometimes culminate in an associate’s degree which you can use should you decide to further your education at a later date. These courses will teach you different methodologies for running a variety of small businesses. They will cover such things as small business accounting, investing, and business evaluation. You could also choose something more targeted such as taking specific business related courses from culinary schools. This specialized education would also help you with things like sourcing, regulations, and legislation regarding food preparation and storage. Whichever method you choose, it is sure to be well worth your while and give you that extra edge.